Mini Courgette Cupcakes with Whipped Lime Cream Cheese Frosting
- Shake it all about – sieve the flour and baking powder into a bowl. And mix well.
- All in – mix each remaining yummy sponge ingredient separately first, before combining all together.
- Fill (nearly) up – fill 12 cupcake cases almost to the top.
- Time for a cuppa – bake for 20 minutes at 180°C/350°F/Gas 4.
- Beat this – turn your electric whisk up to full power (or get ready for a serious wrist workout) and whisk up the cream cheese and sugar with the lime zest.
- Beat that – in the same bowl, whisk up the double cream into stiff peaks.
- Finishing touches – pipe this scrumptiousness onto your baked cupcakes and try to resist scoffing the lot straightaway.
For the sponge
For the frosting
Top TipWhen you’re baking, you can cut fat and calories down to size by using apple sauce instead of all or some of the vegetable oil. The apple sauce also adds to the natural sweetness, so you don’t need to bake with lots of sugar.