Chocolate and Coconut Whoopie Pie
- Shake it all about – sieve the flour and bicarbonate into a bowl and mix well.
- All in – Mix each remaining yummy sponge ingredient separately first, before combining all together.
- Big squeeze – pipe the mixture in circles onto a whoopie pie mould.
- Time for a cuppa – bake for 15-20 minutes at 180°C/350°F/Gas 4.
- Beat it – whisk icing sugar and coconut oil until stiff.
- One more squeeze – pipe this filling onto one half of the whoopie pie, then sandwich with the other half.
- Roll in the desiccated coconut and your whoppies are ready to be wolfed.
For the sponge
For the filling
Top TipCoconut oil turns to liquid when too hot, so if your frosting starts to become too runny to handle, just pop it into the fridge for 10 minutes and your piping becomes a pushover.